|GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Designs, duplicates, develops and improves new and/or existing products utilizing existing and new raw materials. Directs the development, testing and evaluation of prototype formulations as required by customers and inter-company requests. Calculates cost on all products developed. Contacts QC, Analytical, Production and inter-company lab personnel regarding resources, production and QC procedures and analytical testing requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Duplicates customer supplied flavors, in-house and vendor flavors based on requests received for various purposes, including cost cutting, substitution, discontinuance etc.
- Creates, develops and matches new and/or existing flavors from scratch, using essential oils, aromatic chemicals, extracts and any other flavor raw materials available in the industry, based on defined customer needs or as possible proprietary products, with minimal direction, instructions and supervision.
- Maintains, upgrades and organizes existing library of raw materials on a regular basis by keeping up-to-date on new materials available in the industry and regularly ordering samples to expand library.
- Utilizes GC/MS analysis to assist in the duplication and creation of flavors.
- Performs cost calculations on all work performed.
- Enters all development work in R&D formula files and database.
- Performs shelf life studies and stability testing when needed.
- Assists the QC and production departments in first-time production of all new products to resolve production difficulties.
- Ensures kosher status on appropriate requests.
- Supplies Applications Lab with any newly developed flavors.
- Provides training to new and current employees in flavor development.
- Adheres to all safety procedures and policies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 /year
- Research and Development: 4 years
- Flavor Development: 4 years