The successful Lead Software Engineer candidate will work at a well-known venture capital firm Te Amsterdam Company. The successful candidate will lead a small development team and report to the founder and CEO of The Amsterdam Company to help establish and drive the creative solution and vision.
The Lead Software Engineer will:
– Be very hands on.
– Set the technical vision and build the technical product roadmap from launch to scale; including defining long-term goals and strategies.
– Own the entire technology stack including engineering, architecture, and infrastructure
– Effectively align resources to achieve key business priorities, including appropriate scope, high quality, and timely product releases
– Build an efficient and agile end-to-end application infrastructure, with best practices in software delivery
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
– 4+ years of relevant engineering work experience
– Proven ability to create independently started self-sustaining projects.
– Be a highly technical, hands-on programmer and an effective communicator.
– A demonstrated ability to manage executive expectations and schedule realistic project timelines.
– BS / MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field (In lieu of degree, relevant work experience).
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
– Experience with Node.js, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch.
– Ability to manage and organize large data sets.
– Experience working with and making sense of geospatial data.
– Development and deployment of internal content management systems.